Hyperlink Issue (1 Viewer)

123dstreet

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:45
Hi All, I am just wondering if possible, how to create a hyperlink on our product page to search the directory for the newest file in a particular folder. We upload a new software revision to this folder from time to time, but we want to keep the hyperlink on the page the same, which is "Product Software". We want the user to download the latest version of the software, so is there a way to tell the hyperlink to find the latest revised file in that folder? any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:45
Code:
<a href="www.yourlink.com/yoursubdomain/nameoffile.pdf" target="_blank">Click Here to view our Latest Product Software</a>

Whenever you get a new Product Software file/download/page, simply overwrite the old one with the new one.

Will that do it?

Quaeldorn

Local time
To do what you're asking directly, Im not aware. The overwrite method in the post above would certainly work but in the event you want to also keep an online store of the old one, the best workaround I can think of is to create a dedicated folder and have the current, most recent file called something simple ('software-rivision-current' for example) then when a new one is to be published, rename the existing one (to something like 'software-rivision-current-july2014' for example) and simply upload a new one called 'software-rivision-current'.

The links on your pages auto link to the latest version and you still have a historical record of the previous ones - perhaps to use on an archive page.

robert_mann

Registered User.
Local time
The hyperlink code is <a href="your link goes here">Your target keyword here</a>

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi,

Just thinking out loud here but you might be able to do this with some JavaScript code that is excuted when the user clicks on the hyperlink.

Sent from phone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom