Developing MS Access Template (1 Viewer)

abdullah khan

Local time
Today, 04:51
I recently developed two different projects in MS Access:
1. Medical Inventory System
2. Vehicle Inventory System

Now, I want to make a template of these projects. So kindly tell me how to develop Access templates from these project.

Bundle of thanks in advance.

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 07:51
Take the data out and put in some test/temp data and save as mydatabasetemplate.accdb. If your design has any hardcoded paths, etc. you either have to design in some config type objects or set it up manually when you deploy...

abdullah khan

Local time
Today, 04:51
Dear can you depict it in snapshots, It will be really glad for me.
Thanks

KenHigg

Local time
Well - I'm guessing you have a copy of the db running somewhere - just make a copy on your local machine and delete the data and you have an 'empty' copy or template that you can install elsewhere.

KenHigg

Local time
Sorry - You lost me... Maybe someone else will know what you're talking about

Old Man Devin

Consul Of Code
Local time
Today, 12:51
I don't think you can make a template in the same way that you can make an Excel or Word template. You just have to make a database with the features you want your template to have, then when you come to start a new project, you take a copy of your database and start working on it from there.

So if you just want to be able to start new databases that are the same as the ones you already have, just take a copy of them, delete all the data out, and start from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom