Measure text occurrences MS Access SQL (1 Viewer)

demp22

Local time
Today, 07:38
I was wondering whether it is possible (and if it is, the way) to perform the following task in Microsoft Access: there are two tables; first one consists of three columns 1) ID 2) tweet text and 3) date. Second table is a single vector of words, like a lexicon. For every row of the first table, I want to measure occurrences of the words of the second table (lexicon) in the tweet text column (2). Following, I want to add a new column in the first table, in which I will keep a record of these occurrences. My ultimate purpose is to perform some sort of sentiment analysis.
In case this helps, this is what I have done so far:
SELECT *
FROM Tweet_data
WHERE Tweet_text LIKE "*" & Positive_sentiment & "*";
However, I most probably have to make some changes in the part following the LIKE
If you think there is a more practical way to perform such task (sentiment analysis) I am open to suggestions.
Thanks!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:38
I found this via Google and an old thread on this forum

I have not read the details on how to use this utility. I have downloaded it and converted to 2003.

It seems this should do a lot more than you have asked, but will do what you have asked.
Of course reading the instructions is the first major step.

Good luck.

Note:
To anyone who is familiar, or who becomes familiar with this (Lexical Analysis of Texts) utility, please post a review so that others could benefit.

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:38
Are you comfortable with VBA? Because using VBA there is a very easy solution to your issue. I just checked the link old... of jdraw and the solution is right there...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom