Create QR code in access report (1 Viewer)

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:17
It can be done after all.

Attachments

• NewQRCodeSample(OK).zip
    331.9 KB · Views: 521

mohamed beder

Local time
Today, 17:17
At first I thank you, Mr. Arnelgp

Is there a way to make the code accept Arabic
I also want the code to contain email data
receiver 1
receiver 2
Title
Content of a message
Note that I use ACCESS 2016

arnelgp

Local time
sorry, only english.

zoc.online

Local time
Today, 08:17
Great work! Thank you very much.
It works fine as long as the text is short.
The QRCode genereted by the Excel sheet is Ok but the raster image in sheet 12 is truncated if the text is long. (more than 18 caracter?) like website adresses.
Is it my configuration or do you know this issue?
Have you an idea for this problem?

Attachments

• QRCode3.jpeg
    QRCode3.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 199

arnelgp

Local time
zoc:

already fixed that.

Attachments

• NewQRCodeSample(OK).zip
    356.8 KB · Views: 519

zoc.online

Local time
Thank you so much for your quick answer (and solution)
I will try this evening

zoc.online

Local time
Hi Arnel,
it took me a while to understand and fix my layout errors, but now it works perfectly! A big thank you to you.
Have a good week-end!

arahman4650

Local time
Today, 22:17
if you have an internet connection, you may try the code in the class.
this one is written in vb. never tried it though.

first put an image control on your report for the qrcode.

on the load event of your report, get the qrcode:

dim qrCode As clsQRCode

private sub report_load()
set qrCode = New clsQRCode
' "text" means the text to make qr code, it can be from a textbox on your report
me.image_control.picture = qrCode.GetPictureQrCode("text", me.image_control.Width, me.image_control.Height)
If me.image_control.Picture Is Nothing Then MsgBox "Error!"
end sub

I can not done the work in MS access 2007 file, Please give me a complete MS access file in attachment.

Endless

Local time
based on the message, you need
a bmp file, so i've made changes
and instead of jpeg being produced,
a bmp file instead.

Hi Arnelgp,

I am also trying to generate the bar code for each individual device for my IT inventory management work. I have created the table in Access to store all the devices (computers). A field named QRCode is also created.

Now with a created FORM for this table, the code part is empty.
I would like to know what to do with your code in my scenario, so I could have the QRCode to be generated for each device listed in the Access FORM.

I am sorry that I almost have zero coding experience so my question might be sound stupid to you!

Any help is appreciated!

arnelgp

Local time
firstly you need to import the following from the sample db (latest) I made to your db:

tblQRSheet table
autoExec macro
modGeneral module

on your form you add an Image control, this will hold the qr generated.
I have a button there on my sample that generate the qr.
please follow the code.

if you have difficulty, plz. upload your db with your table and form and I will be glad to do it for you.

sorry it's hard to explain.

Endless

Local time
firstly you need to import the following from the sample db (latest) I made to your db:

tblQRSheet table
autoExec macro
modGeneral module

on your form you add an Image control, this will hold the qr generated.
I have a button there on my sample that generate the qr.
please follow the code.

if you have difficulty, plz. upload your db with your table and form and I will be glad to do it for you.

sorry it's hard to explain.

Thank you very much Arnelgp!

I have uploaded & attached the TEST Access DB file with only 1 table - DIR. It only got a few devices recorded. It also has a created FORM named Label2Print, where you could see a number of fields I have added into.

I expect the QR code for each device could be shown in the square area in the FORM. When the label is printed I could also use mobile device to scan the QR code to get details of the device from the DB.

Now, the using cellphone to scan QR code task I will leave it temporarily. I just want to get the QR code could be successfully generated for each device from the DIR table.

Many thanks for your help in advance! :)

Attachments

• TEST.accdb
    400 KB · Views: 265

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:17
If your data, the information you want to scan is just a simple serial number or part number, then QR codes are the wrong way to go. It's much easier to set up normal barcodes.

The only reason you should consider QR codes is if you want to incorporate a lot of information in the scan like the device name, type, location, serial number, IMEI number things like this.

However if you just want a quick way of scanning something and checking it against your database, a reference number stored in the database will suffice. Against that number in the database table, you have Fields containing all the other information.

Endless

Local time
If your data, the information you want to scan is just a simple serial number or part number, then QR codes are the wrong way to go. It's much easier to set up normal barcodes.

The only reason you should consider QR codes is if you want to incorporate a lot of information in the scan like the device name, type, location, serial number, IMEI number things like this.

However if you just want a quick way of scanning something and checking it against your database, a reference number stored in the database will suffice. Against that number in the database table, you have Fields containing all the other information.

Thanks Uncle Gizmo!

My scenario is I would like a label (with DeviceName, Model) to be printed and sticked on every staff;s computer. I can scan to the QR code (or maybe bar code) on the label so to get some more details of this device. e.g, CurrentUser, PreviousUser, and etc.

In such a case, what would you recommend?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
what would you recommend?

Well, I don't know enough about what you are doing to advise you. All I can say is:-

A QR code is sophisticated version of a Bar code. It is designed to carry lots of information. A typical example, you would have a QR Code on your business card, then when somebody scans the business card QR code, your app would gather information from it like name, address, mobile phone, office phone, email, in other words the QR Code contains loads of information.

In your scenario I don't think you need it to carry information, a simple number (Bar Code) would suffice. I'm not saying you can't use the QR code, I just don't think it's necessary.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Uncle Gizmo!

My scenario is I would like a label (with DeviceName, Model) to be printed and sticked on every staff;s computer. I can scan to the QR code (or maybe bar code) on the label so to get some more details of this device. e.g, CurrentUser, PreviousUser, and etc.

In such a case, what would you recommend?

The barcode label is just a report but with smaller dimensions. The "devicename" and "model" are just fields within your database. The thing you want to capture with the barcode is something unique such as a serial number or a unique identifier like an asset number you contrive. That way your tracking something unique not just some random Apple Computer.

HTH

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I've just updated my Bar-code Blog on the Nifty Access Website because the comment I made here was a good start for a blog about Bar Codes v QR Codes. Would have been a shame to waste it! I thought it might add some value to this thread hence, I have posted this link here.

arnelgp

Local time
totally forgot about this.

Attachments

• TEST (1).zip
    308.5 KB · Views: 391

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Unfortunately Arnel's QR code generator doesn't work for me though I know it does for others.
I get a file/permission error and the Excel file with QR code isn't generated.

For info, there is another utility by June7 based on a similar approach in sample databases https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=299675. That one does work for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom