Pass through Query to access AS400 (1 Viewer)

Djblois

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:47
I am accessing an AS400 database using the IBM iSeries Driver. It has worked for every table I need. However, now I am trying to access a table and it is giving me this error:

"The Operation Failed. There are too many indexes on table 'PWRDTA_HHHORDHP'. Delete some of the indexes on the table and try the operation again."

Since this is our 3rd party POS software, I have no ability to edit the # of indexes. So I needed to look for a solution. I found Pass Through Queries. http://www.kb.blackbaud.co.uk/articles/Article/52445

However, I cannot figure out how to do the connection String for the AS400. I keep getting this error for the Pass through query:

"ODBC--call failed. [IBM][System i Access ODBC Driver][DB2 for i5/OSJSQL0104 - Token ; was not valid tokens: <END-OF-STATEMENT>. (#-104).

What do I need to do to get the pass through working with the AS400?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Just a guess but have you tried the same connection string you used for your linked tables in your passthru query?

Djblois

Registered User.
Local time
I did try to go into the linked table manager and copy what it shows there for a connection string.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I did try to go into the linked table manager and copy what it shows there for a connection string.
Hmm, if it didn't work, maybe try to copy the one from the MSysObjects table.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:47
When Access can't link to a table I make a View that it doesn't choke on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom