Update query that allows for user input (1 Viewer)

ethan.geerdes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:28
Second question of the day, I have been able to find half of my answer. What's killing me is I used to know how to do this. :banghead: Anyways, great minds of the access programming "gods"; I want to create a simple form that allows for someone to input a number and update it to all the records in a field. How should the update query be structured? I see the "Update to" and saw something like this in a different post but it was for a date context. The previous post said in the "update to" input [enter date], can I just change that to [enter number]? After that, how do I link that portion to the field on the form?

By the way, I greatly appreciate everyone's help. I'm feeling pretty rusty on my access.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Are you saying you want to change the value in a field, but you want the user to provide the replacement value?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:28
how about this?

Attachments

• example.accdb
    540 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

ethan.geerdes

Registered User.
Local time
I do need the user to provide the input. VBA_PHP, that is exactly what I need. How did you join the two of those together, it looked like it was through the button at the on click. I see the query is built with the "[forms]![example]![example]" that's indicating that it is the example field on the example form correct? Also, I went through the wizard and got it. thank you! I appreciate both of you taking the time to help me.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:28
I see the query is built with the "[forms]![example]![example]" that's indicating that it is the example field on the example form correct?
RIGHT. the code that runs behind the button is an embedded macro. you can also do it with code, but writing an embedded thing is quicker. I hate macros in general. i code source files and have always done things that way so I have documentation of what is going on and I know that I in fact did it. until the next thread... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom