Screen scraping in MS Access (1 Viewer)

iworkonline

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:15
Hi Guys

I have been asked to write a VBA code that will get data from Internet Explorer and store it in Access tables. Internet Explorer is already open and the page that I am extracting data from is already displayed.
Is it possible to do it in Access 2003?

Thanks.

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:15
Hello

Yes I think it is possible. Do a search on AJTrumpet as he seems to be the HTML - VBA whizz round here :D

Nidg

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Hello

Yes I think it is possible. Do a search on AJTrumpet as he seems to be the HTML - VBA whizz round here :D

Nidg
WAS until he got himself banned.

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Ooooohh,

Didn't know that! Hope it wasn't too bad. His posts are are still here though right?

Nidge

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
The posts are still here even if he isn't.

darbid

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:15
Hi Guys

I have been asked to write a VBA code that will get data from Internet Explorer and store it in Access tables. Internet Explorer is already open and the page that I am extracting data from is already displayed.
Is it possible to do it in Access 2003?

Thanks.
yes it is possible. What is the internet page and what data do you want from it?

iworkonline

Registered User.
Local time
Hey Darbid

After looking at the post this, I can get started. What I am doing is this, I have to look for specific text and then copy the values next to it.

I really don't have words on how to offer my thanks. You guys saved my job.

iworkonline

Registered User.
Local time
I have asked a question which is realted to the linked post. Please answer it if you can. Thanks.

darbid

Registered User.
Local time
I am not sure you should put questions there. I think you need to ask a new question or even put it here.

iworkonline

Registered User.
Local time
The website is a password protected website.

The user first logs in the site and then use the web based application by entering the shipper number and then it generates some results.

At this point the user wants to click a button on the Access form that will extract the data from the webpage and copy over in Access tables.

How do I reference the already opened IE Window. Plus I have multiple IE windows open.

I am using a pretty old IE version 6.0

Thanks.

darbid

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry I did not see your post. Did you get the opening of the IE solved. There are thousands of examples of this.

As you website is passworded. It is difficult to help - in fact a little annoying - but lets see.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
when i have did this, i found that you needed something that will import the data from the webpage to a xml file (kml file?) or csv file, etc INSTEAD of displaying it. you can use use some techniques to parse the data into useable chunks

so i have seen this in apps like google maps, or stock/share price listings.

I suspect that you need a webpage that presents the data in a particular way. I am not sure if you can do this with just any web page.

I may be wrong though - its a good while since i was investigating the technique

darbid

Registered User.
Local time
Yeh I saw "Shipping Number" and thought the same thing. If this is UPS/TNT/DHL then they have an API where you can send a HTTP get and receive a XML response with all the information.

But lets see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom