Search Listbox results point to wrong records (1 Viewer)

Lukasz337

Local time
Today, 12:18
Hi All,

So I created a search form which filters my results. Apparently I don't have enough posts to link to the source of the code though. The code is from this website, /forums/showthread.php?t=188663

I then wanted to allow users to double click a result in the listbox to take them to the form which contains details about that record, however the listbox doesn't point to the correct record.

-When nothing is specified in the search field, all records are shown in the listbox, but double clicking on the first record takes me to a form that has no information. Clicking the second record takes me to the Detail Form of the first record.
-When information is put into the search field, the results are filtered and only a few display, however clicking the first result again takes me to a blank form while the second result takes me to the first record of the unfiltered list. There is no way to reach the Detail Form for the last result of the listbox.
-I tried right clicking the results in the listbox and copy pasting the information. The first result gave me a "0", the second a "1", and so on and so forth. This was the same whether or not the information was filtered or not.
-I tried switching to a combo box and got the same results.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Today, 20:18
ListIndex (the current selected item) starts at 0. Check the code is identifying the correct entry in the listbox.

Lukasz337

Local time
Today, 12:18
Awesome thanks! Setting the bound column to 1 resolved my issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom