Change Column Headings Crosstab (1 Viewer)

Poco_90

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:28
Hi,
I would appreciate some input on this, I have a Graph that uses a crosstab query to generate the data. Its only a simple query. One of the fields is project type, but in the query this changes to a number instead of text? I would like to have this as text but don't know how to go about it. I have searched forums and tried Allen Browne's suggestion on specifying column headings but no luck.

I have attached the initial query and the crosstab query in the screen shot as well as the graph. My aim is to get the project names in the legend, instead of 1, 2 as shown.
Thanks in advance,
Poco

Attachments

• query.JPG
    query.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 178

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 14:28
in the query (not the xtab), change the labels before it goes into the crosstab.
label, colon, field

ex: MyNewLabel:sum([field])

Poco_90

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Ranman,
Thanks for getting back to me. I don't think this will work, because the heading can be one of 8 items.
Regards,
Poco

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 19:28
I think you've change the data-label settings without being aware of it.
Try by creating a new graph object.

Poco_90

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks JHB, but it made no difference. I am still getting numbers instead of names. I cheated for the time being and made a jpg of my legend and pasted it on the graph.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:28
go back to the original query (qryTypeEngineer) and find out what is the related table there.
when you found out, include this in your xtab query and link it to qryTypeEngineer. add the pertinent column from this table.

Poco_90

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you arnelgp, your suggestion fixed my problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom