Subform showing only 1 record (1 Viewer)

Zrai

Local time
Today, 09:38
Hi, I appreciate the help in advance. I'm new to Access, so I apologize if this is a basic question but it's something I couldn't figure out.

I have a form with a subform. It's a recipe database. The form contains all the relevent information for a recipe except ingredients.

i put ingredients into another table and display as a subform in datasheet view.

The issue arises when I input the ingredients, only the last item is displayed in the record. If I unlink the subform and main form, they show up, but the ingredients show on the next record of the main form.

I hope this makes sense. I want it so that when I input a record in the main form, and input ingredients into the sub form, the ingredients show up per record, and are blank when i go on to a new record.

Can anyone help?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:38
Gotta be issues with PK/FK linking. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 12:38
In the properties of the subform control there are two properties
LinkMasterFields
LinkChildFields

What are the values of these properties when you have them linked?
What is the primary key of the main form recordsource? (assume something like recipe ID)
What is the related key in the ingredient table? (assume something like ingredient id)
What is the view of the subform (single form, continous form, datasheet)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom