SQL and Data Access Pages (1 Viewer)

CyrusMacsen

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:47
I have a SQL Enterprise server that I am using a MS Access to remotely access and populate the tables from my laptop into a database.

Based off of the linked data between my project and the true SQL database, I have created some Access Data pages for interacting with the data.

What I need to know how to do is how do I modify the Access Data Pages (source code), so that instead of using my local access project file for source of data it points directly at the SQL database and can operate on the web only interacting with the SQL not my computer anymore.

---Greater detail if I didn't do a good job with the description above---

SQL Server A has database 'Helpdesk'.

IIS Server B for webpages (.aspx).

Computer B has a .ADP (Access Data Project) called 'helpdesk.adp' which is linked via SQL username and password to Server A's 'Helpdesk' database.

Computer B has several Data Access Pages that are used to manipulate the database data.

Problem1: Convert Data Access Pages to normal web pages (.aspx) on Server B so that they talk directly to Server A's 'Helpdesk' database via SQL username and password and no longer care about any reference to Computer B?

Problem2: What functionality from Data Access Pages can not be carried over to a (.aspx)?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom