Mobile Devices (1 Viewer)

ASherbuck

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:37
PDAs, Blackberry's and all these other fancy shmancy devices are so popular now I'm thinking it's useful to get a bit intimate with what is needed to program for them.

I've got a copy of Visual Studio 2008, and I'm somewhat fluent with VB. My beginning questions are:
1.) Where can I find a forum devoted to vb and mobile devices? (Uncle Google failed me, just curious if anyone knows one offhand.)
2.) Are there major differences in mobile device programming and windows programming? (API calls I am assuming are a no go.)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 02:37
PDAs, Blackberry's and all these other fancy shmancy devices are so popular now I'm thinking it's useful to get a bit intimate with what is needed to program for them.

I've got a copy of Visual Studio 2008, and I'm somewhat fluent with VB. My beginning questions are:
1.) Where can I find a forum devoted to vb and mobile devices? (Uncle Google failed me, just curious if anyone knows one offhand.)
2.) Are there major differences in mobile device programming and windows programming? (API calls I am assuming are a no go.)

1) See if this helps:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

2) It's been a while since I did anything but you can test anything using the emulator that VS 2008 has. So, I woudn't worry too much about it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom