MS Access Tab switching (1 Viewer)

Tekture

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:10
Ok, so i've pulled my hair out all morning. i cant get your changes to effect my DB at work. The tab Switch works, and as far as i know, it all works. Except when i view the Job Announcement tab, no jobs are there!? If I view the hrJobs form by itself, it shows everything fine. It only dissappears when i view it inside the tabs. Is there something Im not aware of that you chaged that would cause this?

I changed the OnClick event on the hrSearch form
I changed the hrJobs page to point to the new query I built (qryJobs)

I've stared at just about every possible property and compared the two. Still nothing. Grr

Last edited:

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:10
Does the copy I uploaded work as you would expect? I'll recheck what I did and post back here.

Tekture

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, your copy works wonderfully!

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Did you create the Query and change *all* of the RecordSources on all of the forms to the query instead?

Tekture

Registered User.
Local time
Well, I changed the record sources on the Job Announcements tab (hrJobs) and on the Job Search Tab (hrSearch). The rest of the tabs I left alone. The employees tab needs to point to another *new query once I get the Employee Search working as well. The hrHelp form does not point to anything, and the hrReports points to a different query. Will all of these need to be changed as well?

Reiteriation: Everything appears to work, I can see everything fine if I open up the hrJobs form by itself. When i open up the hrForm form (the full form with the tab control) and click on the Jobs tab, the information is not there as it was with only that form open. The tab switch DOES work. I click the job, it goes to the right tab, it's just as if someone deleted all the data.

Last edited:

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Every form that has a RecordSource of the table Jobs needs to be switched to the query instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom