Error in configuring mysql instance (1 Viewer)

Access2007User

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:36
Good day to everyone,

I was installing mysql 5.1 server yesterday, I am on my last step when it checkbox number 3 and or 4 are marked X. Sometimes it says, cannot start server, sometimes it says something like regarding the firewall.

What should I do to configure the instance right? I tried so many times yesterday already, probably almost 30 times, I also tried uninstalling the mysql 5.1 server and installing again but same problem.

Help anyone.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
First off, are you the administrator of the computer you're installing the server on? The installer should have had configured the service but if it can't because it's lacking the permissions, it may fail. This is especially true if you're using Vista and not running as an administrator.

Banana

Local time
BTW, you may want to use a different forums (e.g. MySQL & Perl, PHP forum or Other Database Engine) as this forum is specifically for Microsoft SQL Server.

Access2007User

Registered User.
Local time
I have actually successfully configured the server one time. but after I installed delphi, mysql server did not start when boot up. So I uninstall delphi but afterwards, I still cannot install the mysql server successfully.

Sorry if I asked mysql here. I thought I should rather asked here also since I was working on with access and vb.

Banana

Local time
No worries about forum placement.

Did the Delphi have MySQL bundled in? I do not think Delphi's installation should make any difference. Have you tried installing MySQL right after a clean uninstall of Delphi & MySQL using Windows' Remove Software and restarting the computer?

Access2007User

Registered User.
Local time
No, delphi has no mysql bundled in but it installed the BDE. And yes I have tried installing right after a clean uninstall of delphi ...

I really dont get it where I gone wrong installing it.

Banana

Local time
BDE? Berkeley Database? MySQL no longer uses it...

but,

1) Did you check the Windows' Remove Software for BDE as well?
2) Did you try right after a restart as well?
3) Failing #2, can you install into a new user account?

Access2007User

Registered User.
Local time
I do not know BDE, but I saw it inside my control panel after installing delphi.

1. where should I check windows remove software? mostly when I remove a software, I go to add/remove programs inside the control panel.

2. yes, I tried over and over again restarting every install and uninstall.

3. I did not tried this because I dont need another user account. I have only one user account in my computer (laptop).

Banana

Local time
We're talking about the same program to remove software.

The point of creating a new account is to test whether the problem exists with account or with machine. Even though you don't want another account, it's useful diagnostic information.

Also, have you tried googling if anyone has had problem with delphi & mysql installation? I'd bet someone would have had ran into it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom