Guide to exporting query or table data to Word (1 Viewer)

Sketchin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:26
Does anyone know of a definitive guide to exporting data from a table or query, into Word 2010?

I've googled the crap out of it and the only thing I can find is mail merge...which as far as I can tell is used for creating letters and mailling lables or emails.

What I would like to do is click a command button on an invoice which would export company name, province and date, into an existing word template, save it as a new filename, and then close.

Libre

been around a little
Local time
Today, 06:26
The Mail Merge function is the way to go for this.
I have found that it works much better if you first export Access to Excel, and then use the Excel as the data source for the mail merge.
(I've also found that it's much easier to bring data IN to Access from Excel, as opposed to other formats).
There is a wizard in Word that will help (Mailings/Start Mail Merge). The process is tricky, but I've made it work for me. The hard part is connecting to the data source (security and permissions is sometimes a headache) but once you have, you can drop the fields anywhere you want on the Word doc. You hard code what does not change (i.e. the header, company info etc) and use the data fields for what DOES change (invoice number, and the invoice details). Works very well. I use this function ALL the time on the forms that I use in my job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom