Enjoy!

Attachments

• loginsample.accdb
    608 KB · Views: 146

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:25
Password should not be displayed; replace each character, as it's entered (KeyPress event), with one or more "*".

Allow only a few attempts to login, then abort the program.

Keep track of those logged in, the PC, and when, when off on a multi-user system.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:25
Password should not be displayed; replace each character, as it's entered (KeyPress event), with one or more "*".

Does the input mask not work for you? It does for me, and it's what I normally use (and is what the OP used here).

Anticephalous

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:25
Thanks llkhoutx, that's a good idea to just allow few attempts. I'll add that for sure. With regards to the password, it shows asterisk.. I wonders why you're seeing the password...

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:25
Silly me, I didn't try to enter on. Otherwise, the form looks goods and is ulitarian.

Note that there a good couple videos on YouTube that explains how to secure a database, including encryption, which you should consider since "password crackers" are generally available.

Goog luck.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 05:25
Allow only a few attempts to login, then abort the program.

Before you do this THINK! How important is this on some LAN? Will people use brute-force crackers? If so, then Access is not the right tool for you data!!!

Otherwise, most of these "security"-measures are just idiotic attempts to show that the author (or, worse, the MANAGEMENT) are aware of such things and are a total PITA.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:25
I would agree that Access isn't a highly secure application, and knowledgeable users can get around this type of security. It's like locking your car doors; it won't stop a determined thief, but it will dissuade many/most. It can effectively keep out people in the office that are simply poking around, and can provide a user name to be used for audit trails etc.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
I do not disagree, but use the right measure for right purpose! The complex passwords and the thing kicking you out permanently after 3 tries are often used left right and center for no good reason at all.

Anticephalous

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:25
This is really great. Thank you for the views, I'll definitely consider the points given.

leanpilar

Registered User.
Local time
In my opinion you can change the border style to none and set modal to yes so it's harder to normal user to enter your program.
On my login I also add a code on load to minimize access windows so even the right click not work and can close the form.
and trigger every 0.5 sec so my noob users and coworkers can't pass the login form

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom