Intro (1 Viewer)

jrickards

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:23
Julian here, a cartographer with the Ontario Geological Survey from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Trying to make sense of Access, LOL. I've taken some courses, done a bit of SQL in MySQL but basically a beginner.

Enjoy cycling and photography, live 59yrs, married 32yrs, sons 24 and 26yr old, 2 dogs Hunter (18mo) and Sirius (9yrs).

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:23
Hi Julian. Welcome to the forum!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:23
Hi, Julian. If you work for a government agency, you should have no trouble making sense of Access. Next to government, Access is very straightforward. (I worked with the U.S.Navy for 28+ years myself so understand working with a government group.)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome Julian,
Geology, Geography, Cartography seems like a great background for any database activity.
Some issues will put you in a spot "between a rock and a hard place"; there are so many paths to accomplish things you'll be amazed; and "data models and logic flow diagrams will challenge the best cartographers/photographers". Just kidding --welcome aboard.

jrickards

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, Julian. If you work for a government agency, you should have no trouble making sense of Access. Next to government, Access is very straightforward. (I worked with the U.S.Navy for 28+ years myself so understand working with a government group.)

LOL

Just a different kind of confusion! LOL

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 09:23
2 dogs Hunter (18mo) and Sirius (9yrs).
we have 2 collies....Lexi and Cash. Lexi is 5 and Cash is her son, 2 years old. If you've done MYSQL before, you'll find that Access syntax is more complicated because it requires qualifiers where mysql does not. always a tradeoff. welcome.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Welcome to a fellow Ontarian (is that a word?).You're in the Big Nickel, I'm in The Hammer - yet I refer to neither as such.

jrickards

Registered User.
Local time
Welcome to a fellow Ontarian (is that a word?).You're in the Big Nickel, I'm in The Hammer - yet I refer to neither as such.

Yup, Ontarian is a word (now it is, anyway, LoL).

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom