Switchboard Items Disappeared! Help! (1 Viewer)

accessingaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:22
Hello! Today I opened my database (Access 2007) and my switchboard, which is set up to open automatically, is blank except for the title--and the title is incorrect! It should read "Store Credit" but instead reads "Check Credit Totals," which is the name of one of the items. When I open the switchboard manager, all of the items are there so it's not like they got deleted overnight, and the switchboard name has not changed so I don't know why it is displaying "Check Credit Totals." What would cause a switchboard to go blank and change it's title, especially when it was fine the last time I had it open? Thank you for any help!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. If the table of items is intact, then it's maybe possible the form had gotten corrupted. Try importing a fresh copy from a good backup.

accessingaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Unfortunately, I don't have a back up. I only started building a week ago or so and didn't even think of this as a possibility...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Unfortunately, I don't have a back up. I only started building a week ago or so and didn't even think of this as a possibility...
Hi. Not a problem. If you didn't customize the switchboard form, then you should be able to create a blank database, create a blank switchboard and then import the form into your database.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 11:22
FWIW I have had this happen to me several times, generally with an incorrect title, so worth saving a copy now and again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom