Moving Text boxes on a report (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 00:49
At the moment I am using a left, center and right alignment on the text boxes above the Purchase Order caption please view the Attached image.

I need to be able to move the Company and other details above the Purchase Order but I will need to move the text boxes thereby retaining the format as in image, Left, Centre and right does anybody know of any examples for doing this with reports or any other information related.

Thanks Mick

Attachments

• 2019-07-19.png
    2019-07-19.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 314

dynamictiger

Registered User.
Local time
If I am understanding what you are asking one approach maybe to create a set of text boxes in the various positions desired.

Then populate all of them as the report is formatted and only make visible the desired text boxes.

Hope that makes sense.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:49
It could just be me but I don't think I completely understand the request. What is the problem with moving the textboxes? Are you loosing the set justification?

Dreamweaver

Local time
It could just be me but I don't think I completely understand the request. What is the problem with moving the textboxes? Are you loosing the set justification?

I have an option in the preferencs to align the header but want to try and avoid the below images

It may be I don't like the result so may have to give the user the option but I don't really like the above I would rather the header look like the centre aligned image.

Think I have worked out a simple way of doing it now involving 3 hidden textboxes.

Attachments

• 2019-07-20.png
    2019-07-20.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 278
  • 2019-07-20 (1).png
    2019-07-20 (1).png
    9.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 2019-07-20 (S).png
    2019-07-20 (S).png
    67.9 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
If I am understanding what you are asking one approach maybe to create a set of text boxes in the various positions desired.

Then populate all of them as the report is formatted and only make visible the desired text boxes.

Hope that makes sense.

thanks dynamictiger But it would be to complex I think I have a work arround thanks

Dreamweaver

Local time
Got The Alignment sorted as per image below going to play with the text box widths and have a default in preferences just incase they need more width for the company name or address lines Etc

Attachments

• 2019-07-20 (3).png
    2019-07-20 (3).png
    35.6 KB · Views: 274

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You could save your details as an image and embed that on the report.
Alternatively, why not use a subreport for that information?

Dreamweaver

Local time
You could save your details as an image and embed that on the report.
Alternatively, why not use a subreport for that information?

The Image wouldn't work with what I'm doing as the user needs to add there company info into preferences, was thinking of using a subreport for this as the header is a template for all compny and client reports I'm close now as have it moving where I want I just need a bit of fine adustments when left or right alligned.

thanks

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
why not make the width of each of the company detail controls the width of the report - then set the alignment to left, centre right as required

Dreamweaver

Local time
why not make the width of each of the company detail controls the width of the report - then set the alignment to left, centre right as required

I would end up with the alignment in post 4 which I'm trying to avoid:)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Now the problem I'm having is when I use a subreport for the header if I reduce the text sizes in preferences the below happens even with can grow and can shrink set to true on both the main report and sub report the blue shows the space the second image shows a normal report without the sub report

Without Sub report

I'm going to take away some of the sizing as I no longer feel it's all needed

Attachments

• 2019-07-20 (5)_LI.jpg
    2019-07-20 (5)_LI.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 2019-07-20 (4).png
    2019-07-20 (4).png
    10.4 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
perhaps I should have said text alignment. With it set to centre, you would end up with per your post 1

Dreamweaver

Local time
perhaps I should have said text alignment. With it set to centre, you would end up with per your post 1

Lol I think I've got it sorted now have to live with a small gap at the bottom as I intend using the subreport as it'll save a lot of time and code.

thanks all for you help

mick

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Whilst I'm sure the subreport issue can be fixed and that CJL's solution would also work well, you could still use an image for this as yet another alternative.

In my schools databases, various stock images are used as 'templates' in reports e.g. School logos, mission statements etc. Each client school replaces the supplied image with the equivalent for their school and saves it with the same name and location. This results in 'personalized images' for each school.

Dreamweaver

Local time
For those who may wish to know how I finally got it works

The 2 red text boxes are used to align the company name Etc

Then I just used this code

Code:
Select Case Me![HeaderAlign]
    Case 1
    Me![txtCompany].Left = Me![HeaderAlign].Left
    Me![txtAddress].Left = Me![HeaderAlign].Left
    Me![txtContact].Left = Me![HeaderAlign].Left
    Case 3
    Me![txtCompany].Left = Me![ContactsFont].Left
    Me![txtAddress].Left = Me![ContactsFont].Left
    Me![txtContact].Left = Me![ContactsFont].Left
End Select
All the data comes from my preferences table

Hope it helps

mick

Attachments

• 2019-07-20 (7).png
    2019-07-20 (7).png
    17.7 KB · Views: 222

Dreamweaver

Local time
Whilst I'm sure the subreport issue can be fixed and that CJL's solution would also work well, you could still use an image for this as yet another alternative.

In my schools databases, various stock images are used as 'templates' in reports e.g. School logos, mission statements etc. Each client school replaces the supplied image with the equivalent for their school and saves it with the same name and location. This results in 'personalized images' for each school.

Nice I didn't think of doing thats thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom