% Of time worked (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 18:56
I have been trying to get a percentage in this case 12% of a total of 136:30 hours but just can't get it to work.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:56
Hi. 136:30 doesn't look like it's a number. If it's supposed to mean 136 and a half hours, then it should look more like 136.5 to which 12% would be 16.38 hours.

Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
Hi. 136:30 doesn't look like it's a number. If you it's supposed to mean 136 and a half hours, then it should look more like 136.5 to which 12% would be 16.38 hours.

Thanks I found another way as I already have the gross wages in currency which I can use to get her 12.07% holiday payment a month

thanks mick

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:56
Thanks I found another way as I already have the gross wages in currency which I can use to get her 12.07% holiday payment a month

thanks mick
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Now I've got to find out how to get the amount of tax and national insurace she will have to pay so looks like I'll be spending time on .guv lol but it's for the mrs so times not an issue lol

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:56
Just for the record, numbers in that format (nnn:nn) will not translate well because the standard Access date/time functions don't recognize hhh:nn (or nnn:ss) as a valid format. If Access can't write something in that format, the odds are pretty good it can't read that format either.

You can try to write a function that would convert the STRING "136:30" into 136.5 as a number of hours, but by itself, 136:30 is neither a valid time nor a valid number. You can search this forum for articles on custom time conversions and find several hits, I'm sure, because I remember seeing some. Just none that were recent.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Just for the record, numbers in that format (nnn:nn) will not translate well because the standard Access date/time functions don't recognize hhh:nn (or nnn:ss) as a valid format. If Access can't write something in that format, the odds are pretty good it can't read that format either.

You can try to write a function that would convert the STRING "136:30" into 136.5 as a number of hours, but by itself, 136:30 is neither a valid time nor a valid number. You can search this forum for articles on custom time conversions and find several hits, I'm sure, because I remember seeing some. Just none that were recent.

Thanks Doc Man I have a function I use for both the total times and currency amounts But I am looking as this one as I like the way it works so may update it for my Example https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=1635951&postcount=49

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom