Major problem updating forms (1 Viewer)

arage

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:26
A terrible thing I’ve just witnessed is that while I can seemingly add records thru my form, I cannot it seems update the pre-existing records using the form. I added a single date to a single field in a single record & my dbase just hung up. Meaning, when I tried to open the data entry form, access97 hung up. Any ideas? Thanks!

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Try compacting and repairing your database. If that does not cure the problem create a new database and import everthing from the old database to the new one. If that does not work you may need to rebuild, from scratch, the form that is giving you trouble.

[This message has been edited by Jack Cowley (edited 05-30-2001).]

arage

Registered User.
Local time
Wow, this really bites. I tried your advice Jack & compacting & importing to a new dbase is giving the same results. And here I thought I was going fine…sigh.

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
If making a new form does not cure your problem then I do not know where to tell you to go next... Hope that solves the problem, though!

arage

Registered User.
Local time
Hope, my last salvation

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
This is kind of a dumb question, but is your allowedits property set to yes?

arage

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, well i did when my access97 help files wouldn't respond so i restarted my computer at that time, just before i realized the problem i mentioned above. Maybe i can try again & let you know. Currently i'm going thru & examining vba that would set cancel=true and not allow the save of a record & see if screwed up something in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom