Corruption when linking from Word mail merge (1 Viewer)

Blueskies

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:40
Hi

I've been having an annoying issue lately when I link to an Access table from a Word mail merge document when the Access database is open and in 'design mode' (ie I may have edited a form recently).

I only seem to get this when the Access file is open on a Windows 10 PC (I usually use a Win 7 PC exclusively and that works without a hitch, whether the Access file is open at the time or not).

When I select the Access table via the Word Mail Merge Helper, it gives me an error about not being able to open the database and then the Access file corrupts.

I wouldn't be such a problem if I just got a 'can't connect' type message, but it actually corrupts the Access file so it won't open again without a repair.

I'll try to recreate the steps exactly and post it if needed, but I wondered if anyone else has seen this issue?

I'm using Office 2013, version: 15.0.5137.1000 on both Win 7 and Win 10 machines.

Cheers

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Why not generate the document in Access as a Report?

Blueskies

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry for late reply on this guys - been on hols!

Unfortunately I'm supplied various documents by clients who like to use Word, so re-creating each one in Access is not feasible.

Thanks for the link - it's frustrating to have to export to excel or a text file just to be able to link the data though. You would not have thought this should be necessary just to avoid problems, but I will review the article.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom