Running Report with date from Form removes form data (1 Viewer)

4star

Local time
Today, 15:00
Tearing my hair out with this one. I have a list box on a form with three fields. Two dates and a text field. The text field is always populated but the other two fields may or may not have data in them.

There are three reports that run from these selections. Should also mention that this isn't my database and we're relative novices in this area as well. There are three unbound text boxes on the form that mirror the data selected from the list box, so, when you click on a selection the text boxes populate and this data is then loaded into the report header.

My issue is that only one of these reports pulls the data through from the form (where data is in all three list boxes). If you run either of the other two reports, there is no data in the report header and if you look at the form the data in the text boxes are blank as if the selection has been cleared. Running the report from the three fields, if you check back on the form the data is still held successfully.

I have checked the "on event" properties and there is no difference between the three. We have even tried copying the report that does work and changing it for the other selections and that doesn't work either. There is something going on that I don't understand and wondering if someone of more experience may be able to shed light on why it's not working?

Thanks in advance.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 16:00
Is it possible you could post the database with some sample data, zip it because you haven't post 10 post yet. + a description how to reproduce the problem.

4star

Local time
Today, 15:00
From the Main Menu there is a list box under "to print batch sheets" This is pulling data from the "interviews" table (attached database has been anonymised). There are three buttons underneath it that allow you to run reports based on the fields in the box. If the three fields are populated, the report header populates with the data from those fields, but the other two, when the data is not present in all three fields, the text boxes on the form underneath that section will go blank, which is why I am presuming that the header on those two reports do not get filled in.

Attachments

• Interviews database.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 88

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 16:00
Your problem is that the data get updated when the reports run and that when you move out (event lost focus) of the list box a refresh macro run.
All "code" in your database are build with macros. I always use Event Procedure so ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom