Print PDF from Access form (1 Viewer)

MattAnderson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:40
Hey guys I'm wondering if you can help me with the issue I'm having at the moment.

What I want to achieve is to have a button in a form that can print a PDF that is in my documents.

This PDF is not related to the database in anyway shape or form. I know you can open a PDF from a form by using a hyperlink but I would like to automate this process a bit more but making it automatically print the pdf and then close down Adobe Reader.

I'm not sure whether or not this possible or not but if anyone could advise me that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

micks55

Registered User.
Local time
Just an option that might suit.
In my work, we need to look at .doc .pdf and .xls files so I use the MS WebControl. It's in my Access 2k tools so I guess something is around in later versions also. You'll need to store the full path in a table and call it into the WebCtrl with...
Me!WebCtrl.Object.Navigate List41 '(List41 is the listbox based on the file paths table)
This way they are viewable and Word/Excel files can be edited because we have MS Office. And this all happens directly in the webcontrol "window" on my form.

I've not tried printing from there as we don't want paper when we can view and zoom them so easily but I doubt it would be difficult.
Good Luck and pls don't think it rude if I'm not around very often.

MattAnderson

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you very much for you help. I have come to the conclusion that the idea I have is way too complicated due to the fact i also want to integrate data from a form and put it into the pdf or print along side it. my solution to this now is to just re create the pdf in a access report so then I can add data in from a form onto it as well.

Once again thank you for your help.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom