Select top x values in query (1 Viewer)

smasak

Local time
Today, 04:44
Good evening, in this sample i have a query named "QRTOTALTEAMcateg" which showing the total results by category, country and race.
I would like to select the top 4 results for PC category and the top 3 for SPR category.I tried with the command "select top 3" but my knowledge is poor .
The results will be displayed in the report "rptResultsTEAMcateg" and I will adapt them to "rptRESULTSteamTOTAL" report.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• ftSample.zip
    719.9 KB · Views: 30

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 12:44
Go To the designe tab and select return it will add SELECT TOP 5 or 10 Etc you can see this by going to SQL view and amend as needed.

Last edited:

smasak

Local time
Thank you for your answer, but it's not what I want.
I don't want the first five results but the 5 bigger ones.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 12:44
You just Set the order assending or desending so the highest values will be the first in the list which will then be limited to the top 5 which should be the biggest.

smasak

Local time
I think it's not so easy..

Look, in Qry QRTOTAL there are fields SCORE1, SCORE2, SCORE3 by category and Nation and Date RACE.
In Qry QRTOTALTEAM they are summed up according to the nation and Date RACE.
But did not summed up the only 3 best scores but all nation scores.
For example in Qry QRTOTALTEAM GREECE in the category SPR it would have to be in the total1 116 not 151 etc....

Sorry i can not explain it in more details...

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 06:44
No point writing paragraphs about what your data looks like--just show it. Provide use 2 sets of data:

A. Starting sample data from your table/query. Include table and field names and enough data to cover all cases.

B. Expected results of A. Show what data you expect to end up with.

Again, 2 sets of data--starting and ending. I recommend using this format if typing into the forum:

TableNameHere
FieldName1, FieldName2, FieldName3, ...
Steve, 18, 1/21/2018
Larry, 245, 2/26/2017

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 13:44
The problem is when you've more rows with the same value, and you haven't set up a criteria which one to pick out.
In the below picture, which one would you choose and why, (if you know the why, then set the why as the criteria)?

Attachments

• PickOut.jpg
    PickOut.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom