#Name error on calculated textbox (1 Viewer)

thudson

Old Programmer
Local time
Today, 11:57
I have created a form that will be printed as an invoice. As I have already invoices which I produced by other means I had th create a calculated expression for the invoice number.
The expression is: =[OrderID]*2038
I'm sure at one time is was working as I have a printout when I was testing.
Looking at the web the #Name? usually means you have a control of the same name. I have recreated it, changed the name of the control and even created an expression in the SELECT query and used that in the calculation, but I still get the same error.:banghead:
Can anyone see why this is not working? I've looking at this for several hours and can't find a solution.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:57
Hi,

Go to form design and select the OrderID box. In the Properties Window, what do you see in the Control Source and Name properties? Try using the one in the Name property for your calculation.

Hope it helps...

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I thought you got that message when the control could not be found.?

I've just tried ={ID]* 2038 which works fine, however =[ID1]*2038 show #Name? as there is no control called ID1 ?

thudson

Old Programmer
Local time
Don't know what was happening but I got it to work today using the expression [OrderID]+2038.
I tried it yesterday and it gave the #Name? Error.
The name property did not work!
Thanks for your help!
I think there was something weird going on with my PC one time it froze and I had to restart.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:57
Hi,

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom