Question Windows 10 Missing files (1 Viewer)

Drand

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:31
Hi

I hope this is the correct forum to post this to as I am new to Access Forums!

I am not an experienced Access developer but have learnt a bit to date.

I have purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 and have installed Office (Access) 2007.

I have migrated my application (which worked with Windows 10) on my old laptop and now when I launch Access I receive a message that OWC11.DLL V1.0 is missing.

I also receive messages such as Nz and Date functions are not working, which I guess is related to the missing DLL file.

Is it possible to install this file in Windows 10?

Appreciate any assistance and thanks.
David

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:31
Hi David. Welcome to the forum. If go to the VBA window and check your references, do you see anything marked as missing?

Drand

Registered User.
Local time
Yes. Microsoft Office Web Components 11.0 is missing

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:31
Yes. Microsoft Office Web Components 11.0 is missing

Do you know what you’re using it for? If you uncheck this reference and try to compile your project, what error do you get?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:31

Drand

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry but no, I do not know what I am using it for.

After I unchecked it and complied, I get 2 errors.

Undefined function "Nz" in expression, and

An error occurred while sending data to the OLE server.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:31
You're not trying to open a Run Time db version that was created in the prior Access version are you? One thing you could try is copying the db and removing missing references to see what happens.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:31
On the old system, did you have the 32-bit version of Office, and on the new system do you have the 64-bit version of Office?

For you to not have the NZ function is strange because it is in one of the "core" libraries that is usually installed by default on any Office system. Checking the references again, do you still have any missing references now?

Drand

Registered User.
Local time
The application is definitely the full version not run-time.

The old PC ran windows 32 bit and the new one is 64 bit.

Thanks

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
As I said in post #5, OWC is no longer supported.
You need to identify what used it by running Debug...Compile and fixing errors arising (if any)

The previous question was regarding the Office bitness ...not that of Windows

Nz and Date errors are not caused by the OWC issue.
See if compiling fixes those errors

Last edited:

Drand

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you all for your help with this.

It seems my old notebook had an unexplained shutdown and restart which corrupted a lot of my queries. Don't know why but the field names in some of my queries were renamed expr1, expr2 etc which caused a lot of issues.

When the field names were renamed it was OK, sort of.

With those fixed, I am nearly back to normal but some of my functions are producing weird results.

Bit worried about stability of my application, but appreciate the assistance you have all provided me.

Cheers
David

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I used to suffer the Expr1, Expr2 issue a lot when I opened queries in design view that depended on a make table query being run previously.
One solution was to save the query in SQL view so it reopens in that view.

However a better solution IMO is, as far as possible, to use SQL statements in procedures rather than queries.

As for the instability problem, you may well have some corrupt code that needs clearing.
I suggest the following:
1. Make a backup.
2. Make sure you have Require Variable Declaration ticked in VBE Options
3. Make sure each existing code module has Option Explicit as the second line after Option Compare Database
4. Run Debug....Compile and fix all errors that flags
5. Decompile your database to remove corrupt code - it only takes a few seconds and cures almost all issues of this kind.
See http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/performance/decompile.asp
6. Compile again - this time there should be no errors
7. Compact your database. All done!
8. Make another backup at the end - you can delete the original after testing

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Extremely agree with Colin's suggestion and STRONGLY emphasize his #1 and #8 steps. When dealing with a database, before you diddle with it, back it up so that you can start over again if things go whacko on you. And keep a backup of the successful operation as a new reference point of "It was working correctly HERE." So that if you have to make more changes later, you have a good starting point and a safe haven if your typing has suddenly become burdened by ills of the flesh.

Ghisfreovn

Local time
Today, 19:31
Hi~:)
Have you checked the Users folder and searched different hard drive partitions for your files? If not, you can try to find the files from the following path: This PC > Local Disk (C) > Users > User Name > Documents or This PC > Local Disk (C) > Users > Public.

Sometimes, the files may be hidden, so you can try to show the hidden files and folders in this way:
1. Press Windows Key + S and type File Explorer. Choose File Explorer Options from the list.
2. When File Explorer Options window opens, go to View tab. Locate Hidden files and folders option and select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
3. Click Apply and OK to save changes.

Except for the above solutions, using the third party to recover the Windows 10 missing files may be an easier way. Many programs, such as Bitwar Data Recovery, etc. can recover disappeared files.

Good luck.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks for the comments, Ghisfreovn, but did you note that the last post on this question was in June of 2019?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom