Invalid database object reference (1 Viewer)

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:45
I use ACCESS 2007 with Windows XP. I have a big data base (in terms of size). When I compact the data base, I get a message "Invalid data base object reference." When I click on Help key, I see error # 3276. I am not hitting the 2GB limit. Data base is .MDB and uses 2000 file format.

I did debug/compile and I am still getting this error message when I compact the data base. This data base is run by windows scheduler at night. This error message is causing a real problem.

My processing includes linking to SQL server and copying data tables from SQL server into MS ACCESS.

Any help will be appreciated.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:45
Have you tried importing everything into a new mdb and then Compact and Repair?

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
Have you tried importing everything into a new mdb and then Compact and Repair?

I did it. I am still getting the message.

Thanks for your reply.

philosofe

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Jacob,

We've had a similar problem here with a couple of dbs, where doing the earlier mentioned sollutions didn't work.

What solved the issue for us was creating a new db, importing table definitions only, then launching an append query (I don't know exactly why this worked, but perhaps a piece of corrupt data that the compact / repair didn't 'detect'?)

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
This is my observation.

When I manually do 'compact & repair', it works without problem.

It is the 'compact on close' what is giving me problem. When I close the data base, this error shows up (not all the time, but most of the time).

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
I think my data base is ok now. I have run it 10 times (Repair & compact) without the error message mentioned in this thread. I am 95% sure that the problem is solved.

My problem may have been caused by not installing MS Office 2007 correctly.

I opened an ACCESS data base.

Clicked on Microsoft button (top/left)

Access Options

Resources

Run Microsoft Office diagnostics.

System told me there was some problem and it reapaired it.

Looks like that was the problem. I thought I share this info with all those who tried to help me.

I am hoping the problem will not show up again.

P.S. My data base size is 1.8 GB prior to compacting. When compacted, it goes to 900 MB. So, every time I run this job the data base must be compacted. There is a scheduled nightly run every night using Windows Scheduler. This is a critical application for us.

csnodgrass

Local time
Yesterday, 22:45
I am late to this answer, but in my case the error was caused by object naming-having the same name for a form and table. So, if anyone else has this issue, review all the object names.
Cheers

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:45
A good observation! Thanks for posting the tip, csnodgrass! And yes, Access doesn't like it when you give it confusing names.

Bombastic

Local time
Today, 04:45
Check if you are using a 'pass-through' query inside your 'normal' query. It appears that pass through queries can not be read from the accdb file.

My fix was to convert the pass through query back to a normal query.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom