Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Access World News

Old 01-03-2017, 05:37 PM   #31
CJ_London
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,494 Times in 3,381 Posts
CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice
Re: Site changed to secure

Quote:
Try clearing your cache in IE11.
tried that and no effect.

The only way I can get uploads to work in IE11 is to click on the 'Show All Content Button'

I'll see if I can edit this now

... yes I can, if I click the 'show all content' button

CJ_London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:56 PM   #32
CJ_London
Super Moderator

CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice

found a solution - the message bar comes up because

This message is telling you that there may be both secure and non-secure content on the page. Secure and non-secure content, or mixed content, means that a webpage is trying to display elements using both secure (HTTPS/SSL) and non-secure (HTTP) web server connections. This often happens with online stores or financial sites that display images, banners, or scripts that are coming from a server that is not secured. The risk of displaying mixed content is that a non-secure webpage or script might be able to access information from the secure content.

Going to Internet Options>Security>Customer Level, then scrolling down to Miscellaneous and finally to Display Mixed Content - mine was set to Prompt and I changed to Disable then saved and exited IE11.

When next coming back to the forum I had to log in again, but the message has gone and everything seems to work OK - and no advertising at the top - so suspect that is what is causing the issue
Old 01-04-2017, 01:45 AM   #33
Jon
Access World Site Owner

Thanked 1,864 Times in 60 Posts
Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future

I can tell you what the issue may be. When you have an https site, the browser wants ALL the links on the page to be https, not http. So, people who have signature links that are http, they will cause a problem.

ACTION POINT: I encourage all people with http signature links to change to https if at all possible. Your site may need to be adjusted for https. The reason is that some browsers may suffer this issue as it is then deemed Mixed Content (i.e. secure and unsecure links on the same page). Also, for visitors from searching on Google, they will not find the threads so well that are unsecure, as Google applies a penalty in their algo to pages that are not https.

This situation is likely to become more prominent over time, as Google increasingly applies pressure to make the web secure.

Jon
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:
Minty (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 07:06 AM   #34
Rx_
Nothing In Moderation

Rx_ has a spectacular aura about Rx_ has a spectacular aura about Rx_ has a spectacular aura about

On win 10 - IE - never noticed any problems - have yet to attempt upload.
If it makes any difference, Denver is a Mile High - that implies our OS are not Metric.
Thanks for all you do Jon!
Rx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rx_ For This Useful Post:
Jon (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 08:48 AM   #35
AccessBlaster

AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about

I use Microsoft Edge and haven't noticed any change.

Shouldn't there be an "S" in the Hypertext Transfer Protocol ? http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...reply&t=291219
AccessBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:15 AM   #36
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,019 Times in 3,956 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

In my experience you only get the secure site if you follow the link from an email notification or type the "s" in yourself. Otherwise you still get the non-secure site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:06 AM   #37
Jon
Access World Site Owner

Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future

@pbalby, this is likely to change. Its going to take some time to get this all sorted properly.

Jon
Old 01-12-2017, 07:53 AM   #38
Jon
Access World Site Owner

Slowly getting there. Managed to get the green padlock showing in my Chrome browser earlier, after getting rid of some offending links. Just need to figure out some htaccess code modifications and the site should be secure and good to go!

Before, I thought that signature links with http rather than https would cause a problem. But now I don't think that is the case. Its urls that call stuff while the page is loading that are the offending targets, rather than links that are just displayed.

Jon
Old 01-12-2017, 08:00 AM   #39
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

Good news, because links in posts would have also caused a problem, and you have no control over what links people post (well, you might, but...). We're often posting a link to the answer, rather than recreating the answer, and most of those sites aren't secured.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:10 AM   #40
Jon
Access World Site Owner

Welcome to the new secure site!

You will now notice a green padlock at the top left of the browser in your address bar and on Chrome it will also show the words Secure. It took a while but I got there in the end!

Jon
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:
Frothingslosh (01-13-2017), Minty (01-13-2017), RuralGuy (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 09:09 AM   #41
RuralGuy
AWF VIP

RuralGuy is just really nice RuralGuy is just really nice RuralGuy is just really nice RuralGuy is just really nice RuralGuy is just really nice

Great job Jon! Thanks.
RuralGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #42
CJ_London
Super Moderator

not sure if this is related, but when I click on 'New Posts' or 'Quick Links' I now get this error

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (45.7 KB, 359 views)
Old 01-20-2017, 04:13 PM   #43
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

I get the error too, in different browsers.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:23 AM   #44
Jon
Access World Site Owner

When did you first notice that error? What day? I need to establish if its as a result of the http to https changes or whether its due to the changes my host did yesterday.

Jon
Old 01-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #45
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

For me it was yesterday...I think.

Edit by Uncle Gizmo...

I can't add a comment to this thread....

End of Edit

Last edited by Uncle Gizmo; 01-22-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: