Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Access World News

Old 01-21-2017, 08:36 AM   #46
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,064 Times in 3,999 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Site changed to secure

Oh, and it says it sends you something, so you should be able to tell when you started getting them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:27 AM   #47
Jon
Access World Site Owner

Thanked 1,875 Times in 62 Posts
Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future

Ok. My host has wiped out another forum we have. They upgraded their OS and it looks like its affecting all sorts of things.

Jon
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #48
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,064 Times in 3,999 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

I can't get to page 4 of this thread via any means, didn't get an email notification. I can only see the recent posts by clicking on "Post Reply". As you say, there are all kinds of things goofed up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #49
sneuberg
AWF VIP

sneuberg will become famous soon enough sneuberg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
When did you first notice that error? What day? I need to establish if its as a result of the http to https changes or whether its due to the changes my host did yesterday.
For me it was definitely today so the problem started sometime after about last midnight GMT.

Steve
sneuberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #50
boerbende
Ben

boerbende is on a distinguished road

Use Chrome on Win8
Get often "Database error"
Database Error
The Access World Forums database has encountered a problem.

For example when clicking on "todays post" or clicking on "post quick reply" after post reply
Submitted reply is stored by the way
boerbende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #51
sneuberg
AWF VIP

Quote:
When did you first notice that error? What day? I need to establish if its as a result of the http to https changes or whether its due to the changes my host did yesterday.
For me it was definitely today so the problem started sometime after about last midnight GMT.

Steve
Old 01-21-2017, 11:56 AM   #52
MarkK
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,289 Times in 1,227 Posts
MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all MarkK is a name known to all
I get this error too, first time late yesterday. I'm PST (Pacific Standard Time) which is GMT -8:00.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:27 AM   #53
CJ_London
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,614 Times in 3,489 Posts
CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
When did you first notice that error?
I first noticed just before I posted my thread. So around midnight UK time. Just found you get the same error if you click on a member name and select 'Find more posts by...' - I was going to check my posts to see if I could determine the last time it worked OK for me
CJ_London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:29 AM   #54
Jon
Access World Site Owner

Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future

Ok, I know what the issue is now. My host upgraded to a newer version of php and its causing compatibility issues with the code. Looking into it.

Jon
Old 01-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #55
Uncle Gizmo
Nifty Access Guy

Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Gizmo

I get the Same...
-------------oOo---U---oOo-------------
|                                     |
|      Uncle Gizmo              |
| Get $20 worth of "Nifty Code"       |
|      
| | Ooo | |_________________ooO____( )________| ( ) ) / \ ( (_/ \_)
Uncle Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:48 PM   #56
Galaxiom
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,488 Times in 1,404 Posts
Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold

I had problems with not being able to post from the Preview Post page.
Galaxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:21 AM   #57
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough

Starting Saturday when I attempt to access this site from home, I get a DNS error stating that the site's address cannot be found. I forwarded a screenshot to Paul if you need to see it, but it's pretty bare-bones.

For what it's worth, I get the same result with Chrome, IE, and Edge, but then again, I would if there's a DNS issue.

Frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:27 AM   #58
sneuberg
AWF VIP

Quote:
Ok, I know what the issue is now. My host upgraded to a newer version of php and its causing compatibility issues with the code. Looking into it.
Magic quotes were dropped in PHP 5.4.0. I don't know if that's your problem but the point is that upgrades of PHP can break previous code. Rewriting your site's code could take a long time. I suggest you get your host provider to reinstall the old version of PHP. They should be able to support multiple versions of PHP at least if they are running Apache.

Steve
Old 01-23-2017, 05:36 AM   #59
Jon
Access World Site Owner

They are using Litespeed.

Jon
Old 01-23-2017, 06:50 AM   #60
Minty
AWF VIP

Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,677 Posts
Minty is a jewel in the rough Minty is a jewel in the rough Minty is a jewel in the rough

I'm absolutely sure it's part of the same problem, but my scroll wheel doesn't work on the site any more either. As well as the other issues reported.

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: