Columns in Details of a Report (1 Viewer)

rmcafee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:08
I'm trying to run a report that has 2 columns in the Details.

This report is for a school and all the data is grouped by student id.

However, some students may have up to 10 items listed in the Details, so I want to split it up so that the report will fit on one page, rather than a single column of 10 or more items, which causes the report to flow to a second page.

I've searched the forum and tried different things (Page Setup, Column settings, subreports) but I'm missing something.

I'm using the student id to group the report so the report has a student id header and student id footer.

I'm not an expert user, so if you can help, please be as detailed as possible.
thanks

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 18:08
setting the #columns, set down then move right.
and you must observe the width. The checkbox will default to set the given width,
you may need to uncheck it.

rmcafee

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, I've done this several times and it doesn't do what I want. I'm missing something.

I go to Columns, enter 2 for number of columns, uncheck the box (same as detail) reset the column size width to 2.5, it puts the whole report in one column, Like it's cutting off the rest of the items (like labels I've inserted), and the Details aren't splitting into two columns either.
There must be some settings in the Student ID header and footer that contributes to this?

Last edited:

rmcafee

Registered User.
Local time
OK, got the Details to display correctly, but I still have the same problem with items placed under the student id header/footer. Looks like the columns cover up the info under those headers.
It's got to be a simple setting somewhere.

rmcafee

Registered User.
Local time
The only way I could get this to work was to create a subreport with the field I was by putting in Details and place the subreport in the student id footer section. Once I did that, everything displayed correctly, including the columns. Of course, I had to set Master and Child fields so that the data for each student displayed correctly in the main report and subreport.
The columns are set to 2 in the subreport, 2 for the width, and the "across then down" option selected.

If anyone knows of another way to do this without the subreport scenario, please let me know. I could get the two columns to work in the details section but the columns seem to cover up half the items/content in the student id footer/header parts of the report.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom