Populate & Filter Listbox by Combobox selection with Multi User Access (1 Viewer)

farhanleos

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:51
Gentlemen,
Greetings
i am working on a database with multi user access with different security level

i created a search form "000-SEARCH PROJECT QUERY" based on query
where i have
1- Combobox "combo41" (shows proponent values from the query)
2- Listbox "List50" (Populate the filtered data based on combobox)
3- Textbox "text22" (auto populate the login user security level i.e "1",2..

Aim:
when a user with login by his security level i.e "1"
when he execute the search form the combox will show him just those proponents he is responsible which comes under his security level
so he can select the correct proponent and i will show the list of filtered data in the listbox under that proponent

Accomplishments:
my combobox showed all proponents without filteration
and on selecting any proponent list box filtered the data
but that is not what i want

i add a text box which shows the security level of login user on executing this form i.e one user login and his security level is "1"

i tried different ways to get what i want but failed here
please Help me out Professionals ..

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:51
Firstly - Remove the spaces from your query names and fields. It will lead to masses of extra typing and inevitable typo's causing strange errors.

Please can you also rename your controls to something meaningful, combo41 will mean nothing to you, let alone someone else in a months time. cmbWorkList will.

What have you tried - what was the rowsource for the combo?

farhanleos

Registered User.
Local time
Minty , Thanks for your reply I will change the names of text & comboboxes before finalizing

here below is the Row source of my combobox , this is the list of Proponent column where I have duplication so I put like that
I renamed the queryname without space
what I want I have big list of record which is based on Project Number and sub Field is Proponent names
here in this form I want to populate my combobox with proponent name and by selecting the proponent complete data will be filtered in listbox against that selected proponent

"Pipelines Shared";"ERDD";"CRDD";"WRDD";"ERTOD";"WRTD";"EWPD";"SAPD";"NAPD";"Others"

farhanleos

Registered User.
Local time
and main and most important concern is when I load the search form
it will auto filter the combobox and display just those proponent which is related to Login Person ,
I used multi user security login to access the database and keep tracking and filteration

when a user with whose whose security access level is 1 , when he click on search form his security number is shown up in textbox as 1 , against him I want to show the records only

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Do you have a 'security level' stored in the source of your combo box? This can either be because you have a field in a record related to this security level that says "This is the list of options for FldMyField or some such OR a field in the record that drives the combobox that say "Minimum security of N or higher".

If the answer is NO, then you will not be able to drive your combobox off of a security level. If the answer is YES, then use said field.

farhanleos

Registered User.
Local time
I have fixed it today hardly.. thanks guys but unfortunately you wont get my query.

but thanks really appreciate
Farhan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom