Re: Access having trouble with Excel
I tried running on my computer as .accdr and it still worked. I redid the db using Access 2010 and the user tried that and it still crashed although it worked for me. Got a little more info from the user -- she cannot send any email out of the db. Where I originally suspected Excel/runtime the SendObject itself seems to be the culprit. These users are using db program from my up-to-date Win 10 computer on the very same runtime 2013 they used last year (this db handles a once-per-year tournament). One of the users with the problem runs Outlook, but that isn't a recent change, either. If the problem hadn't suddenly occurred for two users at opposite ends of the state, I might wonder about a corrupted runtime. I am sure their copy of the db is pure, because I can see the version# when they log in and it is the same as on my computer, meaning they downloaded new version after I uploaded it. I really need this to work--it is one of the best features of the program. I also set one of my computers to use Outlook and the db was happy sending email through it. BTW, sending through CDO works just fine.
Last edited by ellenr; 09-16-2019 at 01:39 PM.