Runtime error 3709 The search key was not found in any record (1 Viewer)

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
I am getting this error in my import routine:
Code:
            DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "Paradox 5.x", ImportDir, , oFile.Name, Left(oFile.Name, Len(oFile.Name) - 3)
Since it is happening when I am importing, the solutions previously suggested like the Microsoft kb fix won't work - I haven't even imported the table yet so how can I delete an index or delete corrupt records? Does anyone have any ideas about fixing this? My only idea is to rewrite my routine to link instead of import, but I'm not sure that would even help.

ctolkamp

Local time
Yesterday, 21:26
I had the same message when importing an Excel spreadsheet. The problem was that one of the field/column names in Excel started with a space. Removing the space fixed the problem.

Johnny Redneck

Local time
Today, 07:26
A bit late I know... But I just bumped into this error in an Access 2007 application. I'm adding records via a very simple form and have no indexes at all on the table that gives the error seemingly at random when adding new records. Also, there are no memo fields or field names with spaces as have been implicated in other instances of this problem on the net.

In my case, I realised when re-examining the form (which I had copied from another) that I had accidentally left the "Filter on load" property set to True with no filter specified. I switched off "Filter on load" and the error went away.

Hope this helps

wasim_sono

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:26
I'm getting same error and applied all solutions posted in this thread but still in veins. I am using a text file to import in access. When I use wizard through "saved Imports" specified in ribbon, it works fine and import all records from text file to table. but when I use following
Code:
Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
Dim strBatchName As String
strBatchName = "h:\Akmal Imtiaz\test.bat"
Shell strBatchName
    '==== delet all ====
     SQL = "DELETE * FROM mas1"
     CurrentDb.Execute "" & SQL
    '================================
DoCmd.RunSavedImportExport "Import-DataFile"
End Sub
then I get run time error 3709 the search key was not found in any record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom