PDF as Template (1 Viewer)

sajarac

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:31
Hello,

I have a silly question here:

I was wondering is this is possible:

I have a very nice PDF form and I would like at some point have this form integrated with my data in my access database.

What I would like to do is when I am checking a record I would like to be able to print that record data into my PDF form.

Is this possible, if so how?

thanks in advance,

Regards.

Ranman256

Local time
you need to design it (form or report) from scratch.
then :
docmd.OutputTo acOutputReport ,sRpt ,acFormatPDF, sFilename

sajarac

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. correct me if I am wrong.

What I want to do is use the fields in my MSAccess report in the empty fields of my PDF. So you mean create again the PDF in my report?

WesleyK

Local time
Today, 05:31
Could you just build a report to look exactly like your pdf template, linking the fields of your database to fill in the blanks?

Is that what you are trying to accomplish?

sajarac

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

In fact I can try to build a report for my 3 pages PDF, the PDF is a very nice form made in Adobe Livecycle Designer, that is why I was wondering is I can use that file as background and match the access fields with the empty fields in the PDF.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I do something similar, hopefully this gives you an idea. I recycle the name of the PDF report, rather then passing a unique name to it.
Also I only print whats is being held in my temp table, I simply delete it afterwards. So its kinda like a template that I create on the fly. I left a couple of things Blank.

Attachments

• AccessToPDFTemp.JPG
    AccessToPDFTemp.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 194
  • AccessToPDF.jpg
    AccessToPDF.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 191
  • AccessToPDFCode.JPG
    AccessToPDFCode.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 192

sajarac

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you very much for the samples and the explanation, that is what I need I guess, I don't understand about the output and the path. I just want to be able to print in my PDF the record selected in my Access DB.

That is why I was thinking in add the PDF as background but I think is the the right way.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you very much for the samples and the explanation, that is what I need I guess, I don't understand about the output and the path. I just want to be able to print in my PDF the record selected in my Access DB.
At the end of the code I have ",True" that will force the PDF to open to view / print. I save my PDF's because I use a Temp table. I only print records held in the temp table then I dump them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom