Page footer problem (1 Viewer)

Diana Avila

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:35
Hi there;

I need the page footer of my report to be displayed only after the detail section. For example if i have two pages of report I want the page footer only at the second page. Is it possible?

Attachments

• report_forum.png.jpg
    report_forum.png.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 376
  • report_forum_2.jpg
    report_forum_2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 362

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:35
This is a surprisingly tricky problem...

Bobs solution works providing that the report is exactly two pages and that the detail of the second page doesn't extend into the area for the page footer. If you only had one page of detail then no page footer will appear. If you have two full pages of detail then the page footer will appear on the second page but the detail will no longer fit on the second page and so will spill onto the third page. Moreover, if you have three pages of detail (or more), the page footer will still only appear on the second page.

So if you don't know how many pages you are going to print, I'd recommend taking a look here.

hth
Chris

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
I wasn't too impressed with the methods used in the link so here’s another method (see attached). The principle is that it expands a dummy section to the height necessary to ensure the report footer appears in the correct position.

Chris

Attachments

• ReportFooter.zip
    23.1 KB · Views: 636

wallacealeco

Registered User.
Local time
Hi All, New to this forum so please cut some slack if I do things wrong. I have the same problem as the initial writer. I want a PAGE FOOTER on the last page only of my variable length report. One answer I found was:
Cancel=not[page]=[pages] in the OnFormat event of the footer. This works but leaves a space in all but last page where footer should be!
I've tried making the footer invisible, which then doesn't leave a space but then I can't make it visible for the last page. Things like
Me.pagefootersection.visible=[page]=[pages] don't work.
The previous answer seems a clever solution but surely there should be a more straight forward method.
Thanks

sotanez

Local time
Today, 22:35
I wasn't too impressed with the methods used in the link so here’s another method (see attached). The principle is that it expands a dummy section to the height necessary to ensure the report footer appears in the correct position.

Chris

Thank you for your solution.
I just tried it in my own report, but every time I get a preview an Access window appears, asking for a value for the param "DummyGroup". It does not happen in your sample report. I am a total beginner, so I have no clue why this happens...

This is the query for the report:

SELECT tbl_pedidos_main.ped_fac_tipo_factura, 1 AS DummyGroup, *

FROM (tbl_clientes_db LEFT JOIN tbl_pedidos_main ON tbl_clientes_db.cli_record_id = tbl_pedidos_main.ped_cli_record_id) LEFT JOIN tbl_pedido_detalle ON tbl_pedidos_main.ped_record_id = tbl_pedido_detalle.petdetail_pedido_record_id

WHERE (((tbl_pedido_detalle.petdetail_rma_muestra)="PVP"));

This query was designed by another developer that cannot be contacted, I just added "1 AS DummyGroup".

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:35
I dont think mr. Stopher can answer you right now.

sotanez

Local time
I dont think mr. Stopher can answer you right now.

Well, I know it is an old thread but I did not want to open a new one just for this...

Anybody else has any idea why is not working for me?
I imported the sample report and table to my own database and it does not ask for the value of DummyGroup, but with my own report it happens all the time, and I cannot see any differences...

arnelgp

Local time
if it is possible for you to post (in .zip) a dummy copy of your db (plus the report in question), ill be happy to help you.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Well, I know it is an old thread but I did not want to open a new one just for this...

Anybody else has any idea why is not working for me?
I imported the sample report and table to my own database and it does not ask for the value of DummyGroup, but with my own report it happens all the time, and I cannot see any differences...

What arnel was referring to is that stopher is very ill and sadly unlikely to be answering posts in the future

sotanez

Local time
What arnel was referring to is that stopher is very ill and sadly unlikely to be answering posts in the future

Sorry to hear that.

I managed to find the problem: for some reason, the original developers added an OnOpen event to the report where the SQL query of the RecordSource specified in the properties is replaced by another one... so I just have to add this "1 AS DummyGroup" to the new query.

Thank you very much for your help.

arnelgp

Local time
glad you sorted it out.

another update, you don't really need modify your existing query to add an expression "DummyGroup".

all you need to modify is the report. add the group, and group on Expression.
the Expression is blank string ("").

it will work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom