Texas Attorney General Said.... (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:41
It is raising some controversy, true, but in fact of the last 10 shootings at a church, 2 of the gunmen were stopped (killed) by armed, trained guards as part of what is now being referred to as a "personal protection service." I.e. someone is training church parishioners in tactics, firearm use, and the legalities thereof - so that they may attend church and yet protect their neighbors.

On the CBS national news, they reported that in Texas, at least 300 people have gone through this training, though no one was at Sutherland's church with that particular type of training. Before you ask, the Texas police know because the company that does the training gets their graduates to apply for a concealed-carry permit. And I believe that their training must be documented in order to have that permit.

It is a heck of a note, but like it or not, it is a reality we must face.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:41
"personal protection service."

So is the personal protection service there to protect the minister from the congregation?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 10:41
Good guys with guns

...of the last 10 shootings at a church, 2 of the gunmen were stopped (killed) by armed, trained guards...
So that's 20% success! And according to this story, the Sutherland Springs incident was also successfully ended by a "good guy with a gun," so 3 of 11, that's a 27.2% success rate! Not bad.

I guess you could say that "good guys with guns" is working out really well, at least in Texas churches.

Mark

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:41
As someone who carries everyday for my own protection at work I would really be hesitant to draw my weapon in an active shooter situation unless the other guys gun was pointed at me. The problem as I see it is when the Police roll up on scene they are likely to take out the first person they see with a gun. I've had a few cases where the good guy was mistaken for the bad guy with horrible results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom