dont update record untill a save button is pressed on form (1 Viewer)

Ramnik

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:06
hello everyone ,
how to restrict the updation of a record while entering untill a save button is pressed on the form ???????? is it possible without the vba ?
thanks...

Ramnik

Registered User.
Local time
So what should be done ???????? what kind of level is needed to implement this in vba ????????? can u explain ? thanksss

MStef

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:36
You don't need a button for this.
Look at "DemoSaveA2000.mdb" (attachment, zip).
Try to enter a new record.
Look at VBA (Form_BeforeUpdate).
Adapt it in your MDB.

Attachments

• DemoSaveA2000.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 2,455

Ramnik

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks but i do need a save button on my forms to let the users know that they have saved the entry ... for me it is necessary to implement error free entry .... so i need to know how it is to be done with save button only

Ramnik

Registered User.
Local time
well bob are u sure it really save and update the table when clicking on save or the actually updation is made when we leave the form
???? nd moreover when i click save my existing entries should go away on to the table .... actually i have followed wht u said but it doesnt check the validation of my table when clicking on save . it checks it when i want to close the form ?
thanks

Ramnik

Registered User.
Local time
yes i have checked that it wont save the record untill a save button is pressed ..
but when i enter invalid data then after pressing save button it doesnt show me the validation error .. it shows the error when i close the form . why is that ? and what if i want to clear the form when record is updated afer clicking the save button ? thankssss

Ramnik

Registered User.
Local time
I need step by step process for creating a save button so that only that will update the record and clear the saved data from the form . thanksssss

barathi23

Local time
This code has been of great help. I want to also add a code to go to new record for click() event in the save button. Please post that.

nj_best

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:36
blnSave = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to save this record?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Save Confirmation)

this line is giving error and being turn into red color.
plz check this line and tell me the correct line.
error is compile error and syntax error

mgui

Registered User.
Local time
I have add the codes below to my form. When I click the save button the pop to confirm saving comes up, but when I click yes it does not save the data on the form to my table. What am I doing wrong?

Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
If Not blnSave Then
Cancel = True
Me.Undo
blnSave = False
End If

End Sub

Private Sub save_Click()
blnSave = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to save this record?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Save Confirmation")

I would really appreciate any help you can give me

mgui

Registered User.
Local time
Also, is it possible to add an update button to my form? I want to be able to update an existing record in my database. I already have a record search combo box on my form, that auto-fills the form with the info from my table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom