Searching for Answers (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:55
No! This isn't a religious, or metaphysical, or meditative Blog!

I recently posted a Tip in my MS Access hints and tips Group on Facebook:-

Tip on Facebook
What to do when you are stuck!

Basically some wise words and a link to my Blog here:- Searching for Answers which shows you how you can take advantage of Google's fantastic search abilities to search access world forums...

Are You Stuck?
What to do when you are stuck! Occasionally you can get stuck in your MS Access Project and don't know how to proceed.. We all get stuck from time to time and it's a big problem; but when you're starting out it's an even bigger problem, because it's so difficult to find what you want... Just searching the Internet willy-nilly can return you frustrating and confusing results. Therefore I suggest you use the advanced features of Google Search and target that search at a specific knowledge Site, one that has a far higher chance of answering the question you are searching for an answer to.. It's actually quite easy when you know how. Have a look at my blog "Searching for Answers"

Still Stuck? Then ASK!
It's not always that simple, especially when Access is new to you. You might not know what to search for, you have an idea, but your not getting back any useful results. This happens because of the way you ask the question. If you don't know the correct term to search for, then you're going to get poor search results... What can you do? Join the forum!!! Sign up!!!

A very simple process. Once you've joined up all you have to do is ask a simple question, Like:- I've got this problem, I've searched for this, that and the other, but I'm not getting anything back which is useful can anybody advise me.....

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:55
I thought you were turning into Uncle Guru for a moment ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom