Conditional Macro that Opens New Fields (1 Viewer)

oceano79

Local time
Today, 08:15
Problem: An undefined number of persons can bid on an item (usually 4 or less bidders). Can I write a macro that will check to see if the Bidder1 Field is empty or filled? If it is empty, it enters the new data. If Bidder1 contains data, the macro automatically moves to Bidder2 and checks for data...and so on through Bidder4?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:15
how would you enter "new data" when the bidder is blank? do you have existing code.

oceano79

Local time
Pbaldy - thanks. Makes absolute sense to make these records instead of fields. Your reply helped me think through the issue. My real problem is that I need the Bidder records to be input via a web app that (1) Posts open bids and (2) Allows Bidders to self-identify. Bidder records would then be collected and added to the appropriate table. I am very new to Access and not familiar enough with Web Apps to complete this task. Maybe in a few weeks I will know enough to post a better question.

oceano79

Local time
arnelgp - I don't have code that would allow me to cascade data entry from Bidder1 through Bidder4. Right now I rely on emailed Bidder notifications, which I manually input into a table. I want to automate the process.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I haven't used the web app, so may not be able to help much with that. Generally speaking, I'd have a transactions table, where every bid was a record. You could have one or a million, and it would be easy to identify the highest/lowest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom