excel.olb for Office 2013 missing (1 Viewer)

epiek

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:27
Hi there

I had Office 365 ver 2016 installed on my system, but too many of my clients are still on Office 2013.

I uninstalled Office 365 by using the tools available on the Internet to do a FULL removal of the software.

I then installed Office 2013. In MS Access 2013, when I go to the VBA References, it still shows the Outlook 2016 and Excel 2016 references. When I click on them then it says the dll is not available. The file in the path that it reference is no longer there.

I have managed to relink the msoutl.olb from the correct location, but the Excel library is not available.

Is there anywhere where I can download the Excel olb file for office 2013 32bit version.

Help will be MUCH appreciated.

Regards
Elsa

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:27
i think in the case of excel, its excel.exe

epiek

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for replying

If I click on Excel.exe, it allows me to select if but as soon as I click the OK in the reference box, it displays dll error.

I have now tried it again and now it has excepted the library. So the reference now show excel 15, but when I try to export data to Excel from Access it displays Error in loading DLL

Very frustrating. Everything was working well until I uninstalled Office 356 Office 2016...

Any ideas?

Regards
Elsa

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:27
something must have gone wrong
with your Office 2013 installation.
after installation, all Library should
be Referenciable.
you don't need to Browse for it.

i suggest, get Registry Cleaner.
recommend getting IObit Uninstall.
this one has the option of cleaning
all left over files and registry entry.

uninstall the Office using IObit Uninstall,
and reinstall it again.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:27
Reinstall Office 2013 if that's what you are now using.
It will update the registry to fix the locations for the relevant reference libraries

Then select the Excel 15.0 reference which should now appear in the list.
The location will be slightly different to that for Excel 16.0

Alternatively, modify all code that depends on the Excel reference library to instead use LATE binding.
You can then remove the Excel reference completely & the code should work with ANY version of Excel

epiek

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for all your help!

I am not quite there, but you answered my question about what to use for the Excel Library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom