Thanks to all you experts (1 Viewer)

rgwfly

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:41
I just wanted to thank all you for help with this forum.
I have really learned a lot from here.
All of those retired and current developers who take time out to share their knowledge.
I hope one day I can be a helpful as some of those on the board.
A big Sincere Thank You!

Richard:)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:41
You are welcome.

As to being helpful:

I got seriously involved with Access at work and as a result learned enough to save a failing project. I started "returning the favor" shortly after everything stabilized. This would have been perhaps 2002 or 2003. Been doing it ever since. We as a group always welcome new voices, many of whom learned from the "school of hard knocks" regarding things you DON'T do. Nothing quite like the voice of experience.

- also a Richard.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Today, 18:41
I would add that helping others re-enforces understanding of one's own knowledge and if you happen to be reading about a problem you happen to have fixed relatively recently its difficult to resist trying to see if you can fix it. :D

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:41
Doc

"returning the favor" is something I can well relate to.

I have been developing small systems since the 1980's, using dBase at that time. I could see that I'd have to move into visual product and saw Access as being a superior (even then) development platform. The Access Web was the forum I lurked in to learn then. I don't think it's active any more but a lot of archive stuff is at www.theaccessweb.com

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Cronk I was very impressed by some of the things Dev Ashish put together from the Access Web.

fat controller

Slightly round the bend..
Local time
Given that I knew the grand total of absolutely nothing when I started visiting these forums (and was petrified to even think of VBA) the good people here have taught me massive amounts, to the point that I can now reasonably quickly knock something functional together that seems to work quite well - - I have been doing significantly less with Access in the past 18-20 months due to a change in my circumstances, so have been VERY rusty at getting going again this past few weeks - but I am getting there.

The patience and friendliness of everyone here has been remarkable - and there always remains an encouragement to learn, which is brilliant.

As for the future, well my health is not great at the moment (I have been diagnosed with at least one auto immune condition for which I start immuno-suppressant treatment on Monday, and had to have a CT scan today to hopefully rule out cancer); the treatment is expected to last for at least a year, during which time I will be restricted in many of the things I can do, particularly at work - so, more screen time and more learning are hopefully going to follow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom