Manually deleting all records in a table via the BE produces different to FE (1 Viewer)

Lateral

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:44
Hi guys

I hope I can explain this.

I have a split application (BE/FE).

I have a table called "Web_Orders" that contains a number of records.

If I look at them, the ID (Unique) field # is 6888000. This is due to the fact that each time the app is started, I run a number of imports automatically. One of these imports a CSV file into the "Web_Orders" table...this all works well.

Prior to the import, I do the following:

DoCmd.RunSQL "DELETE * FROM Web_Orders"

I am doing a little bit of testing and noticed that if I manually delete all of the records via the BE, and disable the "DoCmd.RunSQL "DELETE * FROM Web_Orders", the ID value is reset and starts at "1". If I manually delete all of the records from the FE, the ID does not get reset back to "1" but continues on.....is this normal behavior?

What am I missing?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:44
That would be normal behavior if somewhere in there is an automatic compact and repair, which is certainly capable of resetting the base for an autonumber field in an empty table.

Lateral

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:44
ahh!.

I just deleted the records from the FE and then opened the BE which is set to compact automatically and then re ran the import and the Autonumber field was reset....

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom