Google speech recognition - absolutely fantastic (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:27
This is absolutely fantastic again I just can't believe what Google are doing.

I posted this video https://youtu.be/nNPxAHauwgk yesterday.

Normally, I go back through my videos and make changes to the video captions. Google speech recognition is very good at converting your speech into text for the video captions, however it's not perfect. Well it never was perfect, but in this video it is nigh on Word Perfect.

There are only one or two things which need attending to and I doubt very much if I shall bother! It's just incredible.

That speech to text conversion is all Google "AI" I haven't put my 2 pence worth in anywhere. like I said there's one or two things may need attention, but no, I don't think I will bother....

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:27
Tony,

What software are you using for your videos?
I don't see any watermarks.

I just watched your video and opened the transcript---good stuff.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:27
Hi Jack,
I have used several products over the years. I started out with a free one, the name of which escapes me at the moment. I think it's still around.

I started using Camtasia which is very good, but I felt it got a bit complicated, and the upgrades, quite expensive.

I found screen o matic. I think it's still around $15 a year. There is also a free version of Screen-O-Matic https://screencast-o-matic.com/home with certain limitations. You can try it out the free version. I used the free version for a long time.

If you want to get into doing your own screen recordings, I recommend you get a decent headset, that is headphones and a microphone in one unit. Get one with a USB connection, in other words the USB plug is also the programming chip which processes your speech and then feeds it straight into your computer through the USB. SO USB - Noise Canceling - Wired (Not Wireless) - I found this was the best way to get really good audio.

I spend about £30 to £50 pounds sterling on a headset. I reckon this will currently (2017) be around about $45 to $85 --- The particular models I like (behind the neck) have gone out of production.

My Favorite was the "CREATIVE HS-3?? Headset" (Notice the band is behind the neck not over the head). I have been unable to find a similar replacement so I am currently using "CHATMAX HS-720 USB Headset £29.99" ... However I saw reviews that mentioned this model was delicate, and I have already broken it, although it's still usable with sticky tape. I find it's difficult to find a "Like" replacement.

Screenomatic recently added a new feature, that is the ability to edit your video very easily. I did a YouTube video on this back in June 2016 just after they added this new feature. Here is the link:- Screen-o-matic Demo 1
https://youtu.be/Xbnx_B1Mik4 Currently at 46 Views.

AND - - - - that's the essence of it really the views/hits.. You will spend at least an hour, probably two creating a 5-10 minute video. You could easily spend a whole day producing/editing (which I have done in the past) and then only get 10 views in a year!! So from the perspective of someone like myself who's only income from the video is from YouTube then there is hardly any point in wasting a lot of time making a perfect video. Some people will tell you that you should make a really good videos. If you are only going to make one or two, then this might be a consideration. However if you turn out loads of videos, then you need to develop the skill of sitting down and apparently speaking into thin air whilst working on your computer, demonstrating to people what you are doing. The best analogy I have found is talking into a telephone. You do this easily without any problems so just imagine yourself speaking to someone over a telephone and it takes away some of the self-consciousness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom