My account settings? (I must be blind!) (1 Viewer)

ashleedawg

"Here for a good time"
Local time
Today, 14:02
Hi again,

So, maybe I've been staring at the screen way too much this week on my marathon-Access&VBA-refresher, but I can't find anywhere on this site to set options like default fonts, signature, etc, for my posts, nor can I find any option to privately contact other members. I've been to "Edit Options" but there's nothing like that. Maybe I can't yet since my account is brand new? (like how I can't post links yet?)

Also, while i am on the site, is there an option for a pop-up notifications (as opposed to the email when there's updates to my subscribed posts?

Is there a Help or Q&A section right in front of me that has all these answers already? :confused:

Thanks!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 22:02
Hi
Click on the User CP at the left of the blue menu bar at the top.
This will allow you to set a signature, send PMs etc

Next to that you'll find the FAQ section for most of the obvious questions

Restrictions are cleared once you reach 10 posts so you are nearly there...

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Also, while i am on the site, is there an option for a pop-up notifications (as opposed to the email when there's updates to my subscribed posts?
For posts, not on this forum, no.

You can't change default font but do get used to using the advanced editor (click 'post reply' button rather than the quick reply box at the bottom)

As Ridders says, you'll find signature setting in User CP (also many under the quick links dropdown). Private contact - right click on a user name - they will provide a popup notification on a screen refresh.

Also many of the forum groups have 'how to' stickies at the top

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@ashleedawg

Following on from this post I just tried to send you a PM but you've disabled that feature or perhaps that's not available till you hit 10 posts...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom