Conditional Formatting (1 Viewer)

Khushalay

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:11
Hi friends

I have three check boxes from the form in my report. I want conditional formatting of the row/record if any of the check box hasn't been ticked.

Since I know conditional formatting cannot be applied on the check boxes, wanna see if there is a way around.

Thanks in advance
Khushalay

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:11
You could apply conditional formatting to a textbox placed behind the record. Send this textbox to the back (right click menu) and make the rest of them background transparent.

Another alternative is to simulate a checkbox with a textbox.

icbiny

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:11
as far as I am aware you can only apply formatting to an object using that same object as criteria (I'm here looking to see if I am wrong).
I would place a text box as described earlier with code, or control source "= check1 + check2 + check3" if all 3 are unticked the result will be 0. all you need to do then is format the textbox based on this value using conditional formatting (set font and background as same colour so you wont see any text)

bentheimmigrant

Lost & confused
Local time
Today, 01:11
No, you can use values of other fields. You need to choose the "expression is..." option. Then define the logic, e.g. [ChkBox] = True OR [OtherFld] = False.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom