Question Event Attendance Tracking (1 Viewer)

accessboy96

Local time
Today, 10:58
Hi guys, I would like to check if any of you can help with the following:

I would like to do one-time off event attendance tracking system for an award presentation ceremony using Microsoft Access. So basically, I will have a table which consists of the following fields: S/No, ID, Name, Name of Centre, Award Name & Award Value.

So before every awards ceremony, I will upload the a list from Excel with all the details of the students in it, according to the above format into the table. Thereafter, I would like to create a form where I can enter the ID of the student manually with a customised "Submit" button. Once I click on the button, it will search the other details (e.g. S/No, Name and Name of Centre) of the ID entered in the table and this record will be entered into a report. So basically only the IDs of students who have been submitted would have their details reflected in the report.

So once a record is submitted, a new form will be out and we can continue entering other student ID, using the above steps so that we will be able to know who have already attended the event. Would like to use this software to track the attendance.

I am quite new to Access and would appreciate if anyone can assist on how I can go about creating the above.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:58
cross posted
http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=66764

What have you done so far?
There are many free articles and youtube videos on database, access, planning, design, programming..... I reommend you watch s few of these to get some appreciation of database concepts.

Access has a number of reserved words that you should avoid in order to reduce errors and frustration.

Experience suggests all object and variable names in Access should not contain embedded spaces and should not contain special characters (*&^%?|/\...etc)

Good luck

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 18:58
Good. You've done the most important first step which is to create a fairly detailed plan.

As the report seems to be a high priority, I would suggest you plan that in detail then work backwards to ensure you have all required fields available.

I'm not clear why you need S/No and ID fields as both sound like unique data. Suggest you just use the student admission number or UPN both of which can be got from the school's information management software or SIMS.
I'd also strongly recommend you import student first & last name separately. Much easier than trying to split the name later. Also import data like DOB, gender, tutor group, parent info as you are bound to need it.

Also plan carefully how you will track the attendance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom