XML code for ribbon (1 Viewer)

UnrulyJulie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:25
Nope, only one other ribbon for forms. Not even close.

I love inheriting things - found out this form is a SUBFORM. If the mainform and subform have different ribbons could that be the problem? Do I need to break this form out to be free?:banghead:

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:25
That's why I was asking what form it was opening. Are there any other subforms within the parent form?

The ribbon that would show should be the one that is associated with the first (by Tab Order) subform.

If there aren't any other subforms then try this:
1. Remove the ribbon from the Ribbon property of the subform
2. Set the Ribbon property of the parent form.

Otherwise, don't put it in a subform.

UnrulyJulie

Registered User.
Local time
ok, the way they built many sections of this was before there was a switchboard manager. So essentially, when (in this case) the Reports button is selected, ALL of the options that are available are subforms. Since this form (and one other) in the DB are the only two that require a separate and unique ribbon, I am just going to break them out and make them stand-alone. All of the times spent on this... just not worth the trouble. I've read others have solved this issue (main form with one ribbon, sub form with another) by setting the focus of the subform - but I don't know how to do that, or on which event to do it... I think I'll just move the forms.

UnrulyJulie

Registered User.
Local time
SO. I moved the forms and made them main forms - and the ribbon STILL doesn't work! I am trying now to change the ribbon to just use the Export Tab (and the more options menu it includes, but I can't figure out how to write the xml. SO, once again, any assistance would be appreciated... because the below gives me errors. I'm not sure how to get the menu portion in... and I haven't been able to find an example. I tried using menu idMso which did not work, even though the control type is menu.

Code:
<customUI xmlns="[URL]http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui[/URL]">
 <ribbon startFromScratch="true">
  <tabs>
    <tab idMso="TabExternalData">
 <group idMso="GroupExport" visible="true" />
 <group idMso="GroupImport" visible="false" />
 <group idMso= "GroupSharepointLists" visible="false"/>                 
[COLOR=red] <group idMso= "ExportMoreOptionsMenu" visible="true" />[/COLOR]
   <contextualTabs>
    <tabSet idMso="TabSetFormDatasheet" visible="false" />
 </tabSet>
</contextualTabs>
      </tab>