ActiveX Web Browser Control (1 Viewer)

Supertension

Local time
Today, 14:23
Hi,

I've have put a Microsoft Active X Web Browser control into an Access form and use the following code when the form loads:

Private Sub Form_Load()
MyPlace = "C:\test.pdf"
Me.WebBrowser0.Navigate MyPlace
End Sub

This works well and the pdf file is displaced in the control.

It also works well when I change MyPlace to jpg file or a web page.

What I also want to do is display a Word document within the browser but when I change MyPlace to "C:\test.docx", I get a message asking whether I want to open or save the Word file. I click 'open' and Word itself opens outside of the browser control and opens the file. A message in the control tells me navigation was cancelled.

Can anyone help me to display the Word document within the browser control? I really need to be able to do this as part of the development of a larger project.

Thanks

Supertension

Local time
Thanks JHB. The problem is there for doc files as well and for xls and xlsx files. I tried the link you suggested and tried to run the easy fix download but got a message saying the fix didn't apply to my operating system or application. I'm running Windows 10 and IE 11.
I'll keep searching the web and post a solution if I find one but I'm new at all this and it may take me some time.
Any help in the meantime would be much appreciated.
Thanks

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:23
there is a section on that page "let me fix it myself", just follow the instruction.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 15:23

Attachments

• TestDoc.zip
    23.3 KB · Views: 220

Supertension

Local time
Thanks. I tried the DB posted by JHB but got the same problem - Word itself opens in a separate window. I'll try the "let me fix it myself" route suggested by arnelgp. It might be a few days before I can try.

Supertension

Local time
I tried the "let me fix it myself" route suggested by arnelgp and it works perfectly. Thanks for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom