Linking Access Apps? (1 Viewer)

GingGangGoo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:58
My understanding is we can not restrict access within an app, so everyone who can use the app can see all the views, and there is no way to limit some views to certain people only. So, I am curious is it's possible to create linked apps. where one app contains, for example, a contact table and is accessible to all users, and another app, which is accessible to only one or two users, gets the contact table data from the first app. Hope that makes sense.

My challenge is that now that I have a working app, I need to build something for my HR person that is restricted to her and our ED, for tracking employee info. It doesn't make sense to me to have to update tables that would be common to both apps, twice, every time I add, or edit.

What is the best solution for this?

TIA

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:58
If users can see the tables they can see the tables, end of. You limit access by using forms and hiding the navigation window.

using forms and identifying the user (either through a login or by using environ to determine the window user) you can then show or hide options in the menu forms depending on the user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom